Dizzolve Brush Cleaner & Conditioner 128 oz
Efficient plant-based, non-toxic, biodegradable, paint brush cleaner and conditioner. Restores dry brushes. Keeps brushes in their original state up to 1000 uses. Reusable. No fumes, brain and skin safe.
1) Brush Cleaner (wet paint).
- Removes wet paints of all kinds, including epoxies, lacquers, shellac and urethanes from the bristles of a paint brush in seconds when standard brush cleaning techniques are used. Washing the brush in Dizzolve must be followed by a wash in a strong detergent solution and a clean water rinse to remove the Dizzolve from the bristles.
- 2) Brush Cleaner (dried paint).
- Removes most kinds of dried paint from brushes with adequate soak time. After a five minute soak, apply a wire brush to the bristles to scar the dried resin and then return the brush to the Dizzolve to soak: over night for water borne products which have only been dry for up to a few days; longer for oil base and shellac (up to a week). Standard brush cleaning techniques such as gentle wire brushing are required after the brush has soaked. Dizzolve is not recommended for restoring old dried brushes or for dried two-part epoxy.
- 3) Airless spray equipment.
- Dizzolve works well as an after-use pump and gun cleaner. Cycle Dizzolve a couple of times through the system and then flush it out with a strong detergent solution followed by clean water. The same batch of Dizzolve can be reused in subsequent gun cleanings. Rock guards, tip housings and tips can be cleaned by soaking in Dizzolve.
- 4) Overspray remover.
- Dizzolve is a gentle paint remover for sensitive surfaces such as automotive finish, linoleum, leather, fabrics and carpet. Try a small trial area before proceeding with the whole project. Apply Dizzolve liberally and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes. Wipe off with a terry cloth towel. On fabrics and carpet, follow with a generous amount of soapy water and wipe again with clean towel.
- 1) Non-flammable. Though Dizzolve is non-flammable, it is a class three combustible and rags soaked in it can spontaneously ignite. Standard precautions for handling oily rags must be taken.
- 2) Low VOC. Dizzolve has almost no odor and less than 25 g/l VOCs.
- 3) Reusable. The same batch of Dizzolve can be used again and again. Straining or settling is not required for satisfactory results. The paint solids will settle, however, allowing the reusable liquid to be poured off and reused.
- 4) Earth friendly. Dizzolve is biodegradable, sustainable and non-toxic. It is therefore an earth-friendly, healthy substitute for traditional thinners for cleaning tools. However, disposal of used Dizzolve requires the following of local regulations for toxic waste disposal because of the presence of paint products in the Dizzolve.
- 1) Saves money. Because the same batch of Dizzolve can be used over and over, the cost per brush cleaned is far less than with traditional thinners. A quart of paint thinner will clean perhaps three brushes where as a quart of Dizzolve will clean about thirty brushes.
- 2) Saves time. Dizzolve removes wet solvent based products from a brush in just seconds where as thinner often requires three rinses to remove the same amount of paint.
- 3) Better brushes. Dizzolve restores brushes because it is a conditioner as well as a cleaner. Brushes treated with Dizzolve are soft, supple and retain a like-new conformation. Traditional thinners cause bristles to flare out.
- 4) Protects health. Dizzolve is non-toxic, is safe on the skin and has no dangerous fumes. It is also nonflammable.
- 5) Reduces toxic waste. Dizzolve eliminates the waste stream caused when used thinners gather as a result of brush cleaning. Dizzolve consolidates the waste because one small batch continues to absorb the paint from many brushes without losing its effectiveness, whereas increasing amounts of thinners are needed to clean the same number of brushes.
- 1) Dizzolve is available in quarts and gallons.
- Manufactured By
- O'Brien Products Inc. / Dizzolve Brush Cleaner & Conditioner
- W 3.5" / D 2.5" / H 9.5" / 2 lb.